Drug Delivery Group Leader Key Responsibilities:
- Drive and direct the discovery of novel delivery technology and platform to support RNA-based therapeutics, working in concert with partners in molecular and cellular biology, pharmacology, computational chemistry, ADME, structural biology, chemical development, and other key functions.
- Provide scientific direction, strategy and leadership for novel delivery platform discovery and formulation, process development, and optimization for in vivo delivery of oligonucleotide based therapies, mRNA and other therapeutic modalities.
- Supervise and lead a group of scientists to design and execute the experiments to identify best-in-class delivery formulations to drive rapid advancement of RNA delivery candidate selection.
- Participate and contribute to evaluation, discussion and co-development projects with strategic external partners.
- Supervise and manage third-party, CRO and CMOs for external collaboration and outsourced work as needed.
- Critically evaluate experiment data and communicate scientific findings as verbal presentations and written reports; and provide updates on project status to Leadership Team.
- PhD degree in a synthetic organic, medicinal chemistry, or related scientific discipline is required. Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on nucleic acid chemistry and drug delivery is preferred.
- Prior experience with oligonucleotide delivery and/or related technologies is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience as a project leader and managing teams in a biopharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and/or presentations at major national meetings is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
Contact Us: HR@ronatherapeutics.com